Every child develops differently. And sometimes, children need help to make the most of their unique gifts.
That’s where Smiling Star comes in. We were created to help children live more joyful and stress-free childhoods through the power of communication. A child's eyes and expressions alone can tell us volumes about what they're thinking and how they're feeling. As much as that can warm the heart of any parent, imagine the power of a child who can better express those feelings and thoughts into words.
We help children develop, and in some cases, restore their speech and language skills so they can effectively communicate with their family and friends. And we do it in a way that’s fun, interactive – and effective.
Approach to therapy includes:
• Individualized therapy that serves to meet the specific needs of each child and family.
• Understanding that each child is an individual not to be defined by a disorder, but recognized for his/her own personal strengths and work those strengths to minimize the differences. This understanding comes from keeping knowledge and skills current with ongoing continuing education opportunities & training.
• Parent education & development of home programs to accelerate progress.
• Collaboration with other therapists and specialists, including occupational and developmental therapists, physicians, teachers and school therapists.
• A friendly environment that is child and family focused.